The Yuri Arajs Artist Development Grant 2008
The purpose of this grant is to give a visual artist the opportunity to have direct support from a professional curator / artist working in the arts community. This will allow the recipient to have one-on-one time to discuss their work critically, portfolio reviews, and plan how to help promote their work.
Each year, the grant will be given through a different organization. This year I am pleased to be offering this grant to a member of the VSA Arts Minnesota community. Any artist living with a disability who lives in Minnesota is eligible to apply. For more information on VSA Arts and the services they offer, visit www.vsaartsmn.org.
This is the second year of the Yuri Arajs Professional Development Artist Grant.
To apply, submit the following:
1. Six (6) or more images of your artwork. They can be digital images on a CD, photographs, prints, or slides. No original work will be accepted.
2. An artist bio / resume, which should include any artistic experience such as arts training and exhibition history.
3. A brief statement, no longer than one page, telling why you should receive this opportunity and how it will help you in your career as an artist.
4. A postage paid envelope for the return of submitted materials. If this is not supplied, no materials will be returned.
5. Applications should mailed directly to: Placement Gallery, Artist Development Grant, PO Box 18496, Minneapolis, MN, 55418
Recipient will receive:
1. $100 in art supplies, in the form of a gift card.
2. 1000 Full color postcards with the artists work on it, for promotional or sale purposes.
3. Two (2) studio visits with Yuri Arajs, to be scheduled in 2008.
April 1, 2008 Applications and all materials are due.
April 30, 2008 Recipient will be announced.
Yuri Arajs is the sole juror and will select the recipient of the grant. Decisions will be based solely on the artist’s application submission.
If you have any questions, please contact Yuri Arajs at email@example.com