The purpose of this grant is to give a visual artist an opportunity to have direct support from a professional visual arts curator and artist working in the arts community. This will allow the recipient to have one-on-one time to discuss their work critically, portfolio reviews, and plan how to promote their work.
Any artist living with a disability who lives in the USA or Canada is eligible to apply.
This is the third year of the Yuri Arajs Professional Development Artist Grant.
To apply, submit the following:
1. Six (6) or more images of your artwork. They can be digital images on a CD, photographs, prints, or slides. No original work will be accepted.
2. An artist bio / resume, which should include any artistic experience such as arts training and exhibition history.
3. A brief statement, no longer than one page, telling why you should receive this opportunity and how it will help you in your career as an artist.
4. A postage paid envelope for the return of submitted materials. If this is not supplied, no materials will be returned.
5. Applications should mailed directly to: View Art Gallery, Artist Development Grant, #104 – 860 View Street, Victoria, BC, V8W-3Z8, Canada
Recipient will receive:
1. $100 in art supplies, in the form of a gift card.
2. 500 Full color postcards with the artists work on it, for promotional use.
3. A studio visit or phone consult with Yuri Arajs, to be scheduled in 2009.
April 1, 2009 Applications and all materials are due, or postmarked
April 30, 2009 Recipient will be announced.
Yuri Arajs is the only juror and will select the recipient of the grant. Decisions will be based solely on the artist’s application submission.
If you have any questions, please contact me directlys at email@example.com
Thank you and I look forward to seeing what comes in this year!